Academic and career information
Career guidance and counselling are designed to help people understand themselves better in order to reach their full potential. This service allows you to:
- Obtain information about the B.C. school system
- Find out about schools and programs
- Find out the B.C. equivalent of your foreign credentials
- Go back to school
- Return to the labour market after a long period of unemployment
- Gain a better knowledge of the labour market and job prospects
- Labour conflicts or difficulty integrating into the job market
- Loss of employment, sudden changes
- Determine what your interests, needs and values are
- Improve your job retention
- Develop your potential
- Make a decision
The guidance process may be made up of two to six sessions. This process is confidential, customized and adapted to the needs of the individual in order to help them develop their ability to maintain a sense of direction throughout their life and achieve their career and life goals. The counsellor may use inventories, tools and psychometric tests of various kinds to evaluate the individual’s psychological functioning and resources.
The French-language guidance and counselling service is offered throughout the province (through distance contact, tel. 1-800-747-4825) and in person at the Vancouver campus.
Teacher in 10th, 11th or 12th grade?
Our vocational counseling service offers career exploration workshops for grade 10, 11 and 12th students in french schools or in french immersion in the Greater Vancouver area. These workshops are organized on request throughout the school year.
Please contact our Career Guidance Counselor for more information. 1.800.747.4825 ext 1404